Thursday, May 10, 2007

I have had a lot of trouble logging into Blogger the last couple days, so that's why I haven't posted.
After a week the I feel even more like I am the luckiest person in the group with my host family pairing. I really like being close enough to walk to classes and not having to ride the insane (though efficient) Russian bus system. Also, it seems like everyone is sick! I guess that's to be expected with all the new germ exposure and all, but I am feeling fine. My one complaint is that I am too hot. I do not need a jacket, thank you. Really. Please don't make me put it on, I'll suffocate. Okay, you're right, I'll catch a cold if I don't put it on. I will wear it out of the building, put it in my backpack, and hopefully remember to put it on again before I come back in.
Thankfully, unlike some of the other kids, I am not fed with the same fervor as I am encouraged to wear a jacket.
The other kid have been pretty successful, even with their limited russian skills, at getting drunk at bars. While that's really not my shtick, if I want to be one of the cool kids I go with them, which is fun for the most part because I love watching the girls pretend to get drunk while the boys actually do.
Classes are fun. We have a lot of homework and move very quickly. I like it, but the lazy kids complain. So I like it even more vocally to balance out their complains. I will not be slowwed.

No comments: